A celebration of the best films from and about the Caribbean and its Diaspora, the Trinidad and Tobago Film Festival (TTFF) 2007 will be held from September to October 2007.
It will open at MovieTowne, Port of Spain Trinidad, and journey to St. Augustine, San Fernando and Tobago. The Festival will end with the Animae Caribe Animation and New Media festival that will be held at the University of the West Indies from October 25-27.
TTFF 2007 seeks to highlight excellence in filmmaking from the Caribbean and its Diaspora and to expose Trinidad and Tobago audiences to films about ourselves, made by ourselves.
The Festival accepts films made by Caribbean people, by persons of Caribbean descent living in the Diaspora and by international filmmakers who have made films about the Caribbean in the Caribbean spirit.
TTFF 2006 is held in association with the Trinidad and Tobago Film Company, MovieTowne, Gayelle The Channel, Newsday, Hotel Normandie and Londsdale Saatchi and Saatchi.
The Festival has as its objectives:
– The establishment of the premiere film festival in the Caribbean, thus raising the profile of Trinidad and Tobago as it proceeds on its path to becoming the leading film country in the region.
– The screening of a variety of high quality films and videos from or about the Caribbean and its Diaspora.
– The screening of select films and videos that have received assistance from Trinidad and Tobago Film Company’s Production Assistance and Script Development Programme.
– The facilitation of public education by inviting Caribbean and international filmmakers and professionals to introduce and discuss their films and/or filmmaking practices and run workshops.
– The encouragement of young filmmakers to produce films and videos and enter the local film industry. In this respect the Trinidad and Tobago Film Festival will screen the award-winning films from the 2007 MovieTowne School Filmmaking competition as well as select student films from the University of the West Indies.
– The cultivation of a regional audience for regionally produced films.
– The ongoing implementation of training and seminars to assist in the development of the Trinidad and Tobago and Caribbean film industry.
Call for Submissions:
The Festival intends to screen films in 35mm, NTSC DVD or NTSC mini DV formats. Entries of various lengths will be accepted. All initial submissions should be in NTSC DVD and must be in English or with English subtitles. The Festival will celebrate the Caribbean in all of its diversity and explore a number of sub-themes.
All the films screened at the Festival will be eligible for People’s Choice Awards in the following categories:
Best Feature Film
Best Short (under 15mins)
Best Music Video
People’s Choice inany category
Work will be accepted in the following categories:
· Music Video
There is no submission fee. The films must be accompanied by the following information:
· A synopsis
· Year of production
· Producer, Director and cast if appropriate
· Short biography of director
· Photographs and publicity materials
· Contact information.
The deadline for the submissions is JUNE 30, 2007. The Festival organizers will not return submitted materials, and only successful applicants will be notified. Enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please submit your entries to:
Trinidad and Tobago Film Festival
The Trinidad and Tobago Film Company
16 Victoria Avenue
Port of Spain
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO.
TTFF 2007 reserves the right to: determine the eligibility of the submissions to be screened at the Festival; appropriate time slots; use excerpts of the films for publicity purposes.